Every year Wageningen Economic Research (formerly known as LEI) organises the Pacioli workshop on the collection and use of farm level data for policy analysis, research and extension. An example of such a farm level data system is the European Farm Accountancy Network (FADN).
Pacioli is the international workshop for innovations in micro-economic databases in agriculture. FADN coordinators, experts and researchers attend this workshop to discuss new developments in data collection, data requirements and research on farm level data sets. The workshop provides a source of inspiration for their day to day work and gives the opportunity to establish contacts in and outside the European Union.
Important topics discussed during recent years were:
- measurement of sustainability indicators,
- problems of collecting information on large complex farms,
- use of data for policy analysis and research,
- international cooperation in the development of FADN information systems, and
- impact of new policy issues on farm level data collection.